Maintenance of existing tunnels
The maintenance of safety standards designed for tunnels is ensured by the execution of maintenance services to be identified on the basis of cost-benefit analysis, developed from the knowledge of the general reference dashboard for a given tunnel.
In addition to the structural and plant adaptations required in accordance with the Legislative Decree 264/06, most of the existing tunnels were built with techniques and materials no longer used today.
The conditions of these tunnels can therefore present structural problems such as:
• Poor resistance due to the deterioration of the concrete (RCK & lt; 25 MPa)
• Evident and latent cracks
• The presence of substantial voids on the back of the concrete coverings
• Systematic absence of reinforcements even on the intrados
• Water seepage
On the basis of the geological and geomechanical status and of georadar and instrumental surveys, for which we avail ourselves of the specialist advice of the I.E.S. srl which has already carried out investigations on over 60 km of tunnels managed by ASPI and ANAS, the Client will be provided with a clear assessment of the safety status of the works and any design solutions that may be necessary for the maintenance of safety standards.
On the basis of the geological and geomechanical framework of reference and of georadar and instrumental surveys, for which we avail ourselves of the specialist advice of I.E.S. srl which has already carried out investigations on over 60 km of tunnels managed by ASPI (Autostrade per l’Italia) and ANAS (National Autonomous Roads Corporation), the Customer will be provided with a clear evaluation of the safety status of the works and any design solutions that may be necessary to maintain safety standards.
The guarantee of the existence of necessary safety conditions are evaluated and validated through the Safety Project and the Risk Analysis of the tunnel drawn up in accordance with the Legislative Decree 264/06.
The synergy of activities that Prometeoenginering.it srl can guarantee will therefore allow the Customer to have a completely appropriate gallery through:
– the verification of the current state of tunnels;
– the design of any interventions related to civil works
– the design of any interventions related to plant works;
– the design and the implementation of monitoring systems;
– the drafting of the Safety Documentation of the appropriate tunnels in accordance with the Legislative Decree 264/06.
The adopted approach starts from the analysis of the current state of the tunnels (cognitive phase), it identifies any problems (diagnosis phase) and the necessary interventions (therapy phase), and it defines sensors and systems which guarantee the safety of the work in time (verification phase).